Cresco Yeltrah, a licensed cannabis grower and processor in Northwestern Pennsylvania, became the first to get one of the few coveted medical marijuana growing permits in PA on Thursday. In a press release, Governor Tom Wolf’s administration said the Department of Health approved Cresco’s license and authorized them to set up shop at a former graphite factory in Brookville, PA.
Cresco Yeltrah plans to grow over 30 different strain varieties at this 40,000 square foot facility. They will also produce numerous medicinal products such as vapor oils, pills, patches, and more. They expect sales to be fully operational by sometime in February.
27 Medical Marijuana Dispensary Permits
Pennsylvania’s Department of Health issued an additional 11 grower/processor permits along with 27 medical marijuana dispensary licenses. The winners have six months to become fully operational before medical cannabis sales are expected to begin.
“This has been a highly competitive process and the department received hundreds of quality applications,” John Collins, director of the state’s Office of Medical Marijuana, said in a statement. “Once this program is fully operational, patients with serious medical conditions will have locations throughout the commonwealth where they can purchase medication to help in their treatment. We remain on track to provide medication to patients in 2018.”
Below is a list of the new dispensaries set to open next year.
Region 1: Southeast
- SMPB Retail, LLC
- Franklin Bioscience-Penn, LLC
- Chamounix Ventures, LLC
- AES Compassionate Care, LLC
- BAY, LLC
- Ilera Healthcare, LLC
- TerraVida Holistic Centers, LLC
- PharmaCann Penn, LLC
- Restore Integrative Wellness Center, LLC
- Holistic Pharma, LLC
Region 2: Northeast
- Mission Pennsylvania II, LLC
- Columbia Care Pennsylvania, LLC
- Justice Grown Pennsylvania, LLC
- GuadCo, LLC
Region 3: Southcentral
- Lebanon Wellness Center, LLC
- Organic Remedies, Inc.
- KW Ventures Holdings, LLC
- Cansortium Pennsylvania, LLC
Region 4: Northcentral
- PA Health & Wellness, LLC
- Keystone Center of Integrative Wellness, LLC
Region 5: Southwest
- Maitri Medicinals, LCC
- Keystone Relief Centers, LLC
- Cresco Yeltrah, LLC
- The Healing Center, LLC
- Keystone Integrated Care, LLC
Region 6: Northwest
- GTI Pennsylvania, LLC
- Dubois Wellness Center, LLC
In addition to the dispensary licenses that were awarded, 12 grower/cultivator permits were also approved on Thursday.
Grower/Cultivator Permit Winners:
- Prime Wellness of Pennsylvania LLC, Sinking Spring, Berks County
- Franklin Labs LLC, Reading, Berks County
- Pennsylvania Medical Solutions LLC, Scranton, Lackawanna County
- Standard Farms LLC, White Haven, Luzerne County
- Ilera Healthcare LLC, Waterfall, Fulton County
- AES Compassionate Care LLC, Chambersburg, Franklin County
- Terrapin Investment Fund 1 LLC, Jersey Shore, Clinton County
- GTI Pennsylvania LLC, Danville, Montour County
- AGRiMED Industries of PA LLC, Carmichaels, Greene County
- PurePenn LLC, McKeesport, Allegheny County
- Holistic Farms LLC, New Castle, Lawrence County
- Cresco Yeltrah LLC, Brookville, Jefferson County
This article was written for Compassionate Certification Centers, a PA-based medical marijuana consulting network working to improve the lives of people suffering from chronic health conditions. Compassionate Certification Centers works to raise the level of treatment that patients receive while seeking their medical marijuana cards by providing trust, clarity, and the diagnostic help to find the right medicine. They also provide CBD consultations and appointments for all patients, regardless if they have a qualifying condition.